Summary of Contents
About the pose
Sage Twist Pose B helps boost energy in the body and hence can be included in flow yoga sequences.
Sage Twist Pose B benefits the following muscles and hence can be included in yoga sequences with the corresponding muscle(s) focus:
- Arms and Shoulders
- Lower Back
- Core (Abs)
- Keeps the spine healthy and mobile.
- Stimulates and strengthens the muscles around the ribs and back.
- Improves posture and breathing.
- Opens the shoulders.
- Massages the abdomen which may help with digestion and elimination.
Watch out for
- This pose is not recommended if you are pregnant. You may, however, like try the open twist version, by hugging your right knee with your right hand and gently twisting towards the left (facing away from your bent knee). Keep your twist very mild and avoid it altogether if doesn’t feel right.
- Think about keeping the back of your neck in line with the spine and turn your head last, to create a long twist in the back without straining the neck.
- Allow your hips to lift and follow the spine if they need to instead of keeping them fixed to the mat, especially in case of lower back issues.
- The complete yoga teachers’ guide – How to learn, earn & grow
- Free yoga resources – eBooks, music, asanas
- Yoga mat quiz – Which yoga mat is the best for me?
- Understanding about yoga
|Model||Robin (Yoga Peda) – An Ambassador of Beinks|
|Yoga Mat||b’EARTH & b’EARTH X by Beinks|